Santa Claus Is Coming To Town: Must-Do For Your Kiddos!

A classic carol - we all know the words and as children, we were all very familiar with the idea that Santa is watching us.

I never thought I would get wrapped up in the, “be good because Santa will be visiting soon” parenting style. But, desperate times call for desperate measures. Amongst the wrapping, cleaning, baking and decorating, effective parenting techniques have to wait.

So, why not turn to Santa for some help? After all, he has the list of children – naughty and nice – both of my daughters are very aware of the list. And for some reason, the thought of Santa watching is much more effective than knowing their mom is keeping a close eye.

It is amazing how quickly Chloe will let me put on her pajamas or how Aiyana cleans the playroom in record speed – when the thought of Santa’s list is vaguely brought into conversation. Okay, maybe not so vague, but I only have one last week of two good little girls who are awaiting a very special visit from the jolly ol’ man in the red suit. I am not a bad mom, just festive, but of course, I am going to take advantage of every moment.

And there is no doubt in their little minds that Santa is real. Especially after he emailed them a video message, directly from the North Pole!

I came across the site, Portable North Pole – where you can personalize a FREE video from Santa. You can choose from videos to toddlers, children and even to grown-ups!  It takes a few minutes to complete the questions about your child and then the video is instantly emailed to you for your child. I would post my daughter’s video for you to watch, but in the video, Santa demonstrates the route from the North Pole to our house. And really, I do not want any crazy lurkers knowing where we live. So, we will keep it between us and Santa.

Definitely stop by Portable North Pole – technology, it is amazing!

Related posts:

1. Free Letter From Santa!
  2. The Mommy Files’ Blogger’s Santa Swap
  3. Our House Is Filled With Elf Magic!
  4. WW: Horseback Riding at Rancho Oso in Santa Barbara
  5. Birthday Bash Giveaways Coming To An End..
14 Responses to Santa Claus Is Coming To Town: Must-Do For Your Kiddos!
  1. Kristie
    December 16, 2010 | 4:23 pm

LOL! I’m totaling taking advantage of Santa’s naughty and nice list too….seems to work pretty well with my daughter. I’ll definitely have to do the video and add to their excitement! :-)

2. Shana Putnam
    December 16, 2010 | 7:59 pm

Oh I did this last year and this year too and it is so neat. Blaze loved it.

3. Betty Manousos
    December 17, 2010 | 3:19 am

What a sweet post! Thanks so much for this link. I shall be sure to check it out asap.
    Your blog is super awesome!!

I also thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such interesting comments.

Have a great weekend!
    Betty

4. Krystyn
    December 17, 2010 | 5:11 am

What a cool idea. I’m going to have to check that out.

5. Betty Manousos
    December 17, 2010 | 9:49 am

Thanks so much for the follow. I am now following your super awesome blog!

Happy Friday!
    Betty

6. blueviolet
    December 17, 2010 | 10:32 am

That is so cute! Nothing like that was around for my kids. :(

7. Joey @ Big Teeth & Clouds
    December 17, 2010 | 12:21 pm

My video is being prepared as I type. Thanks for the link!

My dad used to sing that song to me when I was little and it would make me cry! You have be to careful not to lay it on too thick!

8. Lorie Shewbridge
    December 17, 2010 | 9:29 pm

It’s so amazing how that works to keep kids in line. I was on the phone (FaceTime via iPhone4 – LOVE IT) with my step-son and my grandson was acting out and we just had to tell him that we were going to call Santa and tell him that Lil’ Man was misbehaving. Then I told him that grandmothers had a special direct line to Santa. He believed me and went right to his room and started to pick up his toys. TeeHee

9. Jamie
    December 17, 2010 | 10:01 pm

Hahahaha! I did one for my husband. ;)

10. Debby
    December 18, 2010 | 9:42 am

I love how Santa can bring the best out of children and I love that they can believe with all their heart that he is real. These are precious times, enjoy them.

11. April
    December 18, 2010 | 11:13 am

Thanks for sharing! This is too cute!

12. Bella
    December 19, 2010 | 11:33 am

I used this site for my 8 year old and he loved it! I loved that is really allowed me to specify the message.

13. Nichol
    December 19, 2010 | 7:12 pm

We did this last year and again this year. Both kids love it and their eyes do light up!

14. alissa apel
    December 20, 2010 | 9:24 am

We tried this. This is when spelling your kid’s names funky comes back to haunt you. The elf said, “Mica” right, but I had to spell it “Micah”. I didn’t try “Isaak” yet, but I’m sure I’ll need to put in, “Isaac”.

My husband and I are both artist’s, so doing things different is in our nature. I grew up with the name “Alissa”, which is usually spelled “Alyssa”. I have a sister named “Terra”, which is usually “Tara”.

We’re odd.