Rockin’ The Trend – Celebrity or Blogger?

I read the celebrity junk magazines, I watch the entertainment channels and I browse the websites.

I know the current trend – visible roots.

Celebrities are letting their roots show or paying some serious cash to “get the look.”

And this look is extending past Courtney Love’s do.

courtneyloveAll kinds of celebrities are rocking the roots!

celebrityroots2

Finally, a trend I do not have to work at, I do not have to pay for. One that comes naturally by just simply neglecting myself. And since the birth of Aiyana, neglecting my own needs seems to be a recurrent theme – as with most mothers.

And finally, it is paying off.

Let’s play a little game – picture below, celebrity or blogger?

BINGO – blogger, those are my fabulous looking roots! Do you know how much they would charge for that color on Melrose Ave?

Jealous? I am full on trendy!

Except, I am throwing my own spin on this trend.

Grays.

That is right, I am rocking the grays like on one’s business – just a little sign that my life is not boring!

I guess I better call my girl and get in for some hair-do lovin’.

But then there are the questions – should I stay long or go short? Light or dark? Layers? Bangs?

Maybe I should just take advantage of the holiday season and simply cover my trendy-mess up with a hat?

santa hat

Related posts:

1. noreply-comment@blogger.com – Drive You Nuts? Me Too!
  2. Moving From Blogger To WordPress
  3. The Mommy Files’ Blogger’s Santa Swap
  4. Bizymoms Blogger
  5. I’m A Superstar Blogger!
26 Responses to Rockin’ The Trend – Celebrity or Blogger?
  1. Jessie
    December 13, 2010 | 5:09 am

I got a box and went with my natural color. No time for the salon. Last week I got the first haircut since January lol :) I say layers and dark for you this season. But if I were still in sunny SoCal I would probably stay lighter.

2. Nichol
    December 13, 2010 | 6:25 am

Lol so funny! Hey I guess we are all stylin’ then since the stars are doing it!

3. Busy Bee Suz
    December 13, 2010 | 6:35 am

So funny. The hat idea is pretty good.
    I was getting tired of roots too, I just had low lights put in my hair. Less maintenance and less roots!!!

4. Shana Putnam
    December 13, 2010 | 6:48 am

Sweet, I am in too!

5. Kristina P.
    December 13, 2010 | 8:23 am

I would caution you to never do anything Courtney Love does.

6. Cheryl D.
    December 13, 2010 | 8:35 am

That’s great! I’m finally fashionable. Cool!

7. Stacey
    December 13, 2010 | 9:54 am

Awesome…I was just thinking yesterday I needed to do something about my roots. Guess not!

8. Debby
    December 13, 2010 | 10:01 am

I hate decisions on hair, it is a never ending story. I don’t care for the root thing that the stars wear!

9. Jill
    December 13, 2010 | 11:02 am

LOL I haven’t seen this trend yet, maybe the stars are feeling the effects of the recession too! LOL So far I am lucky and no grey hairs (i heard it’s later on for redheads?!) But my youngest did steal my red coloring, lol. My hair was the same shade of red and after having her it changed. Can’t figure out why, but i miss it!
    hope you have a great night!
    Blessings,Jill

10. Jamie
    December 13, 2010 | 12:18 pm

Girl, you are TOTALLY rockin’ those roots! :)

11. Noelle
    December 13, 2010 | 2:33 pm

I’m in awe that I know someone so trendy! :)

12. Libby
    December 13, 2010 | 4:02 pm

Now if celebrities would just start carrying numerous pacifiers in their bags, and wear t-shirts with dried snot on them I would REALLY be fashionable.

13. blueviolet
    December 13, 2010 | 4:38 pm

I’m rockin’ the grays right now too, and by the time I hit my hair stylist next week, I’ll be rockin’ another 1/4 inch.

You speak my hair lingo.

14. addrienne mertens
    December 13, 2010 | 7:24 pm

i spent serious cash to get rid of mine! ugh
    ya sportin the sparkles too..ick. wheres the salon i need a cover up!
    i love Courtney Loves music..even though shes rough lookin.

15. Ty
    December 13, 2010 | 7:30 pm

Hmmm, I was thinking of adding color but if all the stars are doing it, maybe I should stay as is. LOL!

16. Muthering Heights
    December 13, 2010 | 7:50 pm

Ha! You’re right in style!

17. Laurie
    December 13, 2010 | 9:19 pm

I’m right therewith you Michelle!!! Yay, we are in STYLE!!!!

18. Teresha@ Marlie and Me
    December 14, 2010 | 4:31 am

ha ha ha! don’t you love it when Hollywood catches up with the mommy look?! we are trend setters!

19. sara@domesticallychallenged
    December 14, 2010 | 11:28 am

You? my dear? are trendy. and look just like me!!

20. Some Lucky Dog
    December 14, 2010 | 12:18 pm

Oh Man! Just yesterday I used the new “Root Rescue” by L’Oreal for the first time and colored my roots. I was so happy to find something that only took 10 minutes and did an awesome job of covering the roots. Foiled again!!

21. Lauralee Hensley
    December 14, 2010 | 3:44 pm

Ho, Ho, Ho, even Rockin the Hat wouldn’t help me, because I’m trying to grow back out my super short cut that I got at the beginning of summer.
    Now parts of my do, don’t know whether to curl under or up or do curly Q’s.
    P.S. I don’t like Rockin the Roots or the Grays, so mine is dyed.

22. jenny@Better Leite Than Never
    December 14, 2010 | 10:05 pm

Haha, so funny. My co worker and I were just talking about this. She has the hair to do it, I do not LOL, I just look silly and outgrown and grey as well. :)

23. Katie
    December 15, 2010 | 11:18 am

I think it’s funny when celebritites rock that particular look, I mean aren’t they the few people on earth who can actually afford touch ups?

24. Lorie Shewbridge
    December 17, 2010 | 9:39 pm

You are too funny! Please don’t compare yourself to Courtney Love!! OMG you are WAY prettier than she is.
    I actually think that the only attractive woman in that whole bunch is Sandra Bullock.
    I eventually totally gave up and went to my natural color(s)… brown, red, gray and a little strawberry blond in there for good measure. :-)

25. kristi-oj
    December 20, 2010 | 4:25 pm

OMG that’s so me! I totally have lots of awesome gray growing and poking out like wires through my 5 in roots. Ew! Tried to go w my natural color a few years back to save mony and let it grow out a bit that’s when I learned I had so much gray. We should start a new trend with our gray roots. Sexy!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks